Sunday 22 January 2012

Hey ho it's off to school we go


Bag I made for my sister for Christmas

Memory Quilt I made for my brother to celebrate his 50th birthday.
Back to school in Queensland for thousands of children including several of our grandchildren.  Hunter, aged 4, is starting prep so his very very first day in uniform and starting the discipline of formal schooling; Izak has already had a year in prep and is now a big Grade 1er;  Jaiden is starting a new high school which is renowned for its sporting prowess.  Should be good for him as he lives to play sport.  To all other grandies off to school, I hope they have an awesome year full of of fun and lots of learning.

I love to learn new things and as an ex-IT Trainer I understand the importance of continuing to upgrade your skills and knowledge continually.  My vow this year is to learn something new every day whether it be a fact, a skill or a technique.  I know that we do unconsciously probably learn something new each day but I want to do this consciously and know that at the end of the day I have added to my repertoire of knowledge.

Last week was wonderful.  I was able to spend every day at home except the one day I was rostered onto my volunteer shift at the local hospital.  So I finished a lot of projects, started some new, rationalised my craft magazine collection and started painting my pine hutch dresser to match the table I did a few months ago.  Time to reorganise the furniture.  I haven't done this for a while but have always enjoyed changing the furniture around providing - they say that change is as good as a holiday and changing the furniture provides this without doing anything else too drastic in life.

After decluttering and deep cleaning our pantry a while ago I thought it time to also go through all the loose recipes - cut or ripped from magazines, backs of packets, etc - try them out and retype them on the computer to put into a lovely covered folder.  So making a cover for a folder is on my agenda.  Could be an idea for Christmas or birthday presents too - folders for recipients' favourite recipes but also including some of mine.

So here's to a wonderful serene but knowledge building week for you and me.


1 comment: