Sunday 15 January 2012

Happy New Year

I made most of our 17 grandchildren a personalised machine embroidered cushion for Christmas and it seems as though they all love them.  I still have four more to make for those who weren't here.  

Our newest 'grandie', Charlie born on 4 December.
 
Big brother, Henry, now 2.



4 year old Blaide

Izak is 5 and loves quad bikes

Hunter is 4 and loves anything with wheels

14 year old Kody is horse mad

6 year old Rilee does motocross riding and plays football

Blake is 11

18 year old Kayla loves dolphins

2 year old Jett was unhappy that I took his book off him
to take a photo with a silly cushion

"Captain" Jack is 4

Little 2 year old "Princess" Mia

Below are close up pics of some of the cushions. 



















2012 and I wish everyone a peaceful, harmonious, serene and contented New Year.  I hope that all your dreams, goals and plans come to fruition and that you are surrounded by love and joy.

I haven't 'blogged' for a while but one of my resolutions this year is to update weekly and keep you informed of progress on my 'creations'.

Last year was eventful in both Australia and New Zealand so here is hoping that this year is a little quieter, although Christchurch is still being shaken around and a tragic ballooning accident last week has unsettled New Zealand but I know that myself and many others around the world send their heartfelt loving thoughts to that small country at the edge of the world. 

We have just returned from a holiday in NZ and I was so happy and grateful to have been able to visit my brothers, sister and have my parents as travelling companions from Auckland down to Westport in the South Island.  It is many years since I have seen very much of the North Island and I was happy to be reminded of the many small, beautiful towns and villages on our route southwards - Auckland to Whakatane, Whakatane through to Rotorua, Lake Taupo and Napier, Napier to Wellington.  We had a quick stop at Dannevirke, a Scandinavian settlement, and photographed WH (wonderful husband) standing underneath the giant Viking sign at the town's entrance - he being Danish born.

Beautiful crossing of the Cook Strait on the interisland ferry - very calm although overcast and a little windy on deck when trying to take photographs.  So many of those I zoomed in on are very blurry but the Marlborough Sounds is one of my very favourite places in NZ.

My plans for this year include setting up a stall at the local Fernvale Markets, more workshops for my original designs and hopefully finishing the studio and opening it to the public.  I am also thinking of a couple of high teas/garden parties when the weather is a little cooler.

Above all I want to continue to feel happy and very grateful for all the wonderful things I have in my life - my wonderful husband, children, grandchildren, lovely home and prosperity.


No comments:

Post a Comment