Tuesday 24 May 2011

The Wind Beneath My Wings

Title chosen today not just for the beautiful and inspirational song but also because it is definitely a little breezy today.  My morning for my volunteer shift at the hospital and working with a lady, a friend, who has weathered life's storms - marriage breakup, brain tumour and breast cancer - but gives herself wholeheartedly to her friends and life and I love working with her on a Wednesday morning. 
I think winter has started with a little kick today, in Ipswich.  Weather here is cooler than in Brisbane and with a wide range from minimum to maximum temperatures every day.  Supposedly 5 to 22deg C today.  But apart from the little chill factor and wind, a gorgeous day as is every day wet or fine.
Yesterday I did my shift at the Lowood Library, very diffferent from the hospital work.  Small library and usually quiet and peaceful unlike the tos and fros of a fairly major hospital.  But I do enjoy the different environments, the people I meet and those I work with.
Tomorrow I am off to a workshop at the Ipswich Workshops Rail Museum.  We are going to learn how to mark and tag museum objects and also how to write labels and provide information to visitors.  I must confess I have never been to the Rail Museum even though it has been in existence for a number of years.  I was always going to take visitors there but unfortunately never have.  Well I will see it for myself tomorrow.  It is supposed to be an excellent attraction and has won a lot of tourism awards.
Baking this afternoon again and this time Ginger Crunch has popped perfectly out of the oven (well it tastes okay anyway).  Another Edmonds recipe.  I do have many (I said many and I mean many - who doesn't have many) cookbooks but often return to my good old Edmonds.
This has been, so far, one of those weeks where I seem to spend more time out than at home which also means my craft work is slow.  But next week I should be able to clear the decks (well the projects that I can see anyway - not those hidden in my big plastic containers or in the cupboard).
I have come to believe and use affirmations and really feel that they help me (as long as I remember to use them - make it a good habit).  Susan Jeffers is a world renowned inspirational speaker and author and I subsrcribe to her newsletter.  Please let me share with you one of her affirmations:


THE QUALITY OF MY LIFE DEPENDS ONLY ON ME.
(Deeper Meaning)
I stand tall and take responsibility for my experience of life. I blame no one for how I am feeling today. I can’t control the world out there, but I can control my reactions to it all. I can choose to be the "victim" or I can choose to be the creator of powerful and loving thoughts, despite what is happening in my life. I have the strength to act and react to all situations in a healthy and life-affirming way. As I do, I watch the quality of my life getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment