Thursday 26 May 2011

Love is in the Air

A little cooler again today but lovely and warm inside thanks to my WH (wonderful husband) who rose very early this morning and lit the fire so it would be warm for me.  I just love and appreciate him so much.
Sitting here sipping my honey and cinnamon drink, supposedly has lots of good for a number of different ailments and general wellbeing.  I am not sure about this but it tastes yummy.  Nice to start the day with anyway, following my 5am cuppa that WH brings me in bed.
I had an informative day yesterday at the museum workshop learning how to properly tag and label historical items.  Both speakers were easy to listen to and interesting.  Some of the objects that attendees had brought along were so interesting expecially when we heard the stories behind them.  One of our contributions (from the Ipswich Hospital Museum) was a tonsil guillotine used in the 1920s.  Horrible little contraption and fortunately a more humane form of dissecting tonsils is now in use, thank goodness.  Another instrument we had was not described in detail but certainly made our male facilitator blush when the implications became clear that it was used "where the sun don't shine".   Great fun.
Normally on a Friday I pick up my friend, Trish, and take her into town shopping and meet another friend for lunch.  But she is in NZ at present so I have decided not to do the Friday thing and stay home and sew instead.  Considering that I have out for three days already I am looking forward to not going out.
I thought I would share a couple of photos from our garden.  Well, when I say garden I should add that I am not a gardener and we don't really have gardens but just lots of trees and shrubs, including Frangipanis which don't need much looking after, a large Jacaranda and equally large Poinciana.  The frangipanis were just glorious last year but this year, with all the rain, haven't flowered as profusely.  They don't like wet feet apparently and were definitely water logged this year.  Only time will tell if they survive and return to their beauty next year.

I would also like to share with you an email that I received this morning from my beautiful sister-in-law, Reina.  We get so many emails floating around and a lot do touch the heart chords but I thought this one was particularly lovely.  It is called "Vitamin F"

Why do I have a variety of friends who are all different in character? Some of them can be considered marginal even?  How do I get on with them all?  I think that each one helps to bring out a "different" part of me...
With one of them I am a polite, good girl.  I joke with another friend.  I sit down and talk about serious matters with one of them.  With another I giggle at every silly thing.  I have my tea with one and dance with another.  I listen to one friend's problems and give her advice. Then I listen to another advising me.
They are all like pieces of a jigsaw. When completed they form a treasure box.  A treasure of friends!
They are my friends who understand me better than myself,  who support me through good days and bad days.  They are like colourful anti-depressants that I take on different days.

Real Age doctors tell us that friends are good for our health.  Dr. Oz calls them Vitamins F (from Friends) and counts the benefits of friends to our well being.
Research shows that people in strong social circles have less risk of depression and terminal strokes. If you take Vitamin F constantly you can be up to 30 years younger than your real age. The warmth of friendship stops stress and even in your tense moments it decreases the chance of a cardiac arrest or stroke by 50 %.
I am so happy that I have a stock of Vitamins F!
 

In summary we should value our friends and keep in touch with them.  We should try to see the funny side of things and laugh together, not forgetting to open our mouths big to swallow the floating vitamins F!!

Please say thank you to all your friends for their well beingness and being there for you when you need them.





No comments:

Post a Comment