Wednesday 1 June 2011

Up, Up and Away

My title today could either describe the windy weather or the fact that we are preparing to jet off to Fiji on Saturday for a wonderful week's relaxation with a couple of great friends.

So windy today that I put the washing out at morning tea and within an hour it was dry even though we are into our second day of winter.  Looked as if it was clouding over ready for rain but so far nothing.

Another busy week - a full day out on Tuesday with my morning shift at the hospital and afternoon at the library - but I have produced a few things and pics follow below.

I have been very disciplined and not bought any fabric although did go onto one of my favourite online fabric stores in the US and was in the process of ordering some but stopped myself.  How good am I?

The Dresden Plate set that you see below is the second I have made.  The first sold recently and you can see it in the Creations Gallery.  I have this new set down in Cafe Kiks at Fernvale along with quite a few other items.  Selling slowly but a great kick to see my creations on display for sale.

In trying to be good (see my halo) I have been utilising scraps and making things up as I go.  For example the yellow round placemats set, blue (don't you just love blue - I do along with white and yellow) table runner, green & black cushion covers, pink table centre and blue bag are all made from scraps.  In the centre of the blue table runner, if you look closely, you will note the little triangles.  These are leftover corners cut from the blue bag fabric.  During my bag workshop on Sunday I asked the girls to put all their cutoff corners into a box for me and from them I will make potholders, cushions or, as in the case of the blue table centre, table decor items. The dog blanket is made from fleece and folds up into a roll with the head at one end and the tail at the other (of course).

I am also trying to be very disciplined in delving into one of several project containers and finishing half started items before starting others.  I did say "trying".  Sadly I don't succeed very well with that line of thought.  Often, if an idea occurs to me, I will tackle that to the finish and the UFOs (unfinished objects) are left in that state for a while longer.

I have had some lovely phone calls this week - I talked to my sister which is always a treat (I really miss the close contact with her and just love catching up whenever we can - she lives in NZ and I am in Queensland); my sister-in-law (not strictly speaking now as I was married to her husband's brother who has since passed on but we continue to be good friends and she is like my big sister); a couple of friends and my lovely daughter, Fiona.  Fiona works at The Coffee Club at Brisbane International Airport and is often spotting celebrities wandering through.  Sometimes she can talk them into having their photo taken with her.  Certainly not slow in coming forward is my Fiona.  So if you are ever landing at or leaving from Brisbane during the week stop in and say hello to her.

















Whatever you give out in life is what you receive back in life. 
Give positivity, you receive back postitivity; give negativity, you receive back negativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment