Tuesday 14 June 2011

Against the Wind

A bit windy today but nothing to complain about when I think about my family in Christchurch and their fellow Cantabrians and the continuing earth tremors they are bearing.  You are in our hearts and our thoughts are with you always.  Don't forget that our house is always open if you need to get away for a while.

Our Fiji holiday doesn't quite seem like a distant memory but WH (wonderful husband) has gone back to work today with a cold so to him I suppose our holiday seems a bit surreal now.  We have unpacked and stowed everything away, the washing is all up to date and I am now printing off some of our pics.  Beautiful memories of a wonderful week.  I have published some of our photos on the Fiji 2011 page.  These are just a sample of the many we took.  I'll publish more during the next couple of days. I am a happy snapper and with a digital camera it is so easy to do this.  WH, however, has some special camera gear and he is more selective in what he photographs.

I have created several digital photo albums, using various software, of past holidays and have been thrilled with them.  What are probably called "coffee table books", they are wonderful to look at and show off.  But this time I bought a photo album covered with Masi cloth (bark cloth) in Fiji and will fill it with some of our better pics.

I am also one of these unusual, I believe, people who love looking at holiday snaps and probably bore many others by showing off ours.  Love, love, love looking at distant shores.  The world is so big - so many beautiful and interesting places to see and things to do.

Today I have also been working on another design for my next workshop on 26th - this time a cushion.  I have several cushion designs ready but I felt they were a little more complicated than need be for relative beginners to patchwork.  I'll work on creating a prototype this week.

My plans for this week include, of course, finalising that cushion design, finishing a table runner with some machine embroidered panels included, quilting a lap quilt (or throw or tablecloth - can be used for anything), finishing a couple of "chookie" cushions for my lovely Aunty Shirley (who collects chookie things) and hopefully finishing quilting a child's quilt that has been sitting on my quilting frame for some time.  Something went drastically wrong when I last tried to quilt it.  The needle kept breaking and in the end through sheer frustration I left it but I know I have to try again.  No use having a quilter there and not use it and I have several large quilts I need to finish.  I am trying to use my positive thinking and put it out into the universe that whatever was causing the problem will miraculously be gone.  Here's hoping anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment