Tuesday 12 July 2011

Frosty the Snowman


I think we had our first frost in our locality this morning although Ipswich has experienced a couple.  I must admit I do love the winters here in southeast Queensland.  Yes it is cold at night and early morning, compared to the temperatures during the day but the days have been spectacular.  Clear, deep blue skies and if you can find a patch to sit in the sun just heaven. 

It is normally a bit later when I head out to the studio at present.  Don't like to leave the warmth of the house especially when WH has been up early in the morning to light the wood fire for me.  I am thoroughly spoilt and do so appreciate it.

The photos above show two cushions I have just finished for our lounge.  If you look closely at the pictures you may realise that they are of mushrooms.  When we were in UK and Europe in 2009, my theme for my photo shoots throughout the holiday seemed to be mushrooms.  I found a couple of quirky looking ones in Scotland initially and proceeded to do some close-ups.  Then throughout our stay, both friends and WH kept saying "Oh look, Ruth, there is a mushroom".  Friends at home will understand - especially those who have seen our pics from this trip - mushrooms were a recurring theme and everyone thought I was (am) crazy.  So the pics in the cushions have been modified in Photoshop and printed on fabric.  The pretty blue and gold fabrics in the cushions were purchased in Fiji so we now have unique momentos of two of our lovely holidays.

It is a while since I have 'blogged'.  No excuse really just always found something else to do but will try to be more regular about posts.

We should be in NZ at this moment, looking forward to celebrating one of my younger brother's 50th, but unfortunately this couldn't be at this particular time.  However, we are looking forward to spending Christmas over there and catching up with family.  It is some years since I have spent Christmas with family over there.

Does everyone have a 'bucket list'?  Or maybe you don't call it that but just a list of things you would like to do, see or achieve.  I have a huge bucket list some of which I have already achieved, seen and done.    Dreams are free and the world is so full of beauty and interest waiting to be experienced.

What am I happy and grateful for today?  I am healthy, I have a wonderful family and beautiful friends, a lovely home to live in and especially a super husband.  I am so lucky.

For those I love who are not in a good place at the moment - physically, emotionally and mentally - my thoughts are with you and hopes that tomorrow will be a better day in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment